Thursday, August 27, 2015

Bossy Pants - Tina Fey

I'll just start out this review with the fact that I LOOOOOOVE Tina Fey. I love that she's unapologetic over her success. She's self-effacing and confident at the same time. So listening to her read her own book was a real pleasure.

Bossy Pants gives a thorough history of Fey's upbringing and her start at Second City in Chicago. I loved the chapter detailing her days at the Evanston YMCA, a place I've been to a thousand times. I too have been warned to wear a bike helmet when walking around in the area. See, Tina Fey, I'm famous by proxy now!

She gives a great perspective on what it was like to work at Saturday Night Live and later on 30 Rock, a show I absolutely adore and am sad is no longer on TV. She even goes into detail on her stint playing Sarah Palin which was after she had already left SNL. It's weird that the book came out in 2011 and so much has changed since then. One of the last chapters is about whether she was going to have another baby (she may have been pregnant while actually taping that audio portion) and 30 Rock is, sadly, no longer on TV.

Tina Fey is hopefully going to be around producing and acting for quite some time. I think she's a great role model for doing your own thing and being unapologetic (whoops I used this word to describe her already) about doing it as a woman. She's one of those famous people I'd really like to have a beer with. 


4/5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment