Friday, June 12, 2015

Mint Juleps and Justice - Nancy Naigle

Setting aside the basic believability of certain aspects of the story (rapist/murderer) released on parole after eight years in jail (also eight years after the crime), the writing, dialogue and unlikable characters make this book practically unreadable. I'm not sure what's going on with its ridiculously high rating on Goodreads.

The reactions of the characters to certain events didn't really fit and the jerky writing left me sometimes wondering what was going on. In the end I was kind of rooting for one of the main characters to die just to give the story some edge.

The two unlikable protagonists involve themselves in a protracted will they or won't they that instead of me rooting for them to get together, left me rooting for them to be offed by the serial killer or the woman's crazy ex husband stalker. Yep, that's right, that portion of the story inexplicably takes up the first 3/4 of the book. 

If you are a fan of the books the supermarket puts in the checkout line I guess you won't mind this one.

0/5 Stars. Yes it's that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment