Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Kind Worth Killing - Peter Swanson

I was so annoyed with the unlike-ability of the main characters through the first 1/4 of The Kind Worth Killing I was wondering why my good friend had recommended this book. But then something happened that I did not expect and well... I ended up being very entertained and surprised by this book. 

The book starts with Lilly and Ted meeting in an airport bar and having a conversation during which Ted admits that his wife is having an affair and he offhandedly remarks that he's thinking of killing her. Instead of laughing, Lilly basically says, "I'd like to help you with that." The two plot and scheme through the next few chapters as we get varying viewpoints of Ted and his growing obsession with Lilly and Lilly with her backstory of a lonely childhood with aloof and irresponsible parents. 

I really can't say more because it would be giving a lot away and honestly being surprised by this book was the best part. Sort of like a Gone Girl feeling. Not quite as well written as a Gillian Flynn book, but well done nonetheless.

4/5 Stars. 

1 comment:

  1. so glad you liked it. It takes a pretty good author to make me hate EVERYONE on purpose.

    ReplyDelete